WIOA Title IB Federal Awards and Subawards
This page contains information regarding federal funds awarded under Title IB of the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act of 2014 (WIOA) by the US Department of Labor (USDOL) to the Employment Security Department (ESD). This information is made available to all subrecipients of WIOA Title IB funds, pursuant to Uniform Guidance and USDOL requirements.
Each year, ESD notifies the state's 12 Local Workforce Development Boards (LWDBs) of their WIOA Title IB allocations for the upcoming year through a Workforce Information Notice, or WIN. This WIN follows issuance of the WIOA Title IB formula allocation Training and Employment Guidance Letter (TEGL) from USDOL, typically around April. The Program Year Youth allocations are typically released in April, and the Adult & Dislocated Worker Program Year and Fiscal Year allocations are typically released separately in June and September, respectively.
Federal Award Terms
These Federal Award Terms are incorporated by reference into all WIOA Title IB grants issued by ESD. All subrecipients of WIOA Title I funds must comply with these terms.
- PY2018/FY2019 Federal Award Terms
- PY2019/FY2020 Federal Award Terms
- PY2020/FY2021 Federal Award Terms
- PY2021/FY2022 Federal Award Terms
Subaward Information Table & Notices of Funds Available
The Subaward Information Table (SIT) and Notices of Funds Available (NFA) are incorporated by reference into WIOA Title IB grants administered by ESD. These documents contain federal award information required per 2 CFR 200.332 and System Policy 5250. The SIT includes introductory content, a list of ESD points-of-contact by subject area, and information pertaining to all WIOA Title IB subawards. The NFA contains specific subaward information by individual subrecipient. The NFA also serves as official notice from ESD to each subrecipient that WIOA Title IB funds are available to the subrecipient.
If a subrecipient believes information included in these documents is incomplete or incorrect, they are asked to notify ESD promptly by contacting the appropriate points-of-contact provided.
Please note that the SIT and NFA were published as distinct documents. Effective PY21/FY22, these documents have been consolidated and incorporated as a single reference below.
- PY18/FY19 Subaward Information Table
- PY19/FY20 Subaward Information Table | PY19/FY20 NFA Table
- PY20/FY21 Subaward Information Table | PY20/FY21 NFA Table
- PY21/FY22 Subaward Information Table & Notices of Funds Available
Grants Administration Resources
The resources below offer important information on federal regulations and guidance for those involved in grants administration and management.
- State Policy #5260 – Allowable Cost and Prior Approval Requirements
- Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance
- Department of Labor (DOL) One-Stop Comprehensive Financial Management Technical Assistance Guide - Part I (July 2002) (PDF)
- DOL One-Stop Comprehensive Financial Management Technical Assistance Guide - Part II (July 2011) (PDF)
- Uniform Administrative Requirements, Cost Principles, and Audit Requirements for Federal Awards (effective PY14 - PY20)
- Guidance for Grants and Agreements, Revisions to 2 CFR 200 Uniform Administrative Requirements, Cost Principles, and Audit Requirements for Federal Awards (effective for PY21)
- Workforce GPS Financial Management Resources Web site