Welcome to the Workforce Professionals Center, a web resource for the WorkSource system, and one-stop location for all your needs.
Please use the tabs above to navigate.
- Planning forms for WIOA Title I formula PY18 funding have been added to the WIOA Grants page. Formula FY19 funding planning forms are being revised and will be uploaded to the page in September 2018 or earlier.
- New Where are You Going? Career Guides Available Now! - What’s purple, packed with career and education information, and absolutely free? Why it’s the latest edition of the Workforce Board’s ever-popular Where Are You Going? career guide! Order free copies of the 2018 guide, which includes a career quiz, information on hundreds of in-demand occupations, job interview tips and more. Bonus: the guide also serves as a printed companion to www.CareerBridge.wa.gov.
- New Video Encourages Veterans to Start Businesses in Rural Washington - A new video produced by the Pacific Mountain Workforce Development Council in partnership with Hire America, features several successful veteran-owned businesses as part of a broader campaign to encourage more Washington veterans to start businesses in rural areas of the state. The Pacific Mountain Workforce Development Council also runs the Camo2Commerce program. The Council covers Thurston, Mason, Lewis, Grays Harbor, and Pacific counties, a region where many military personnel have chosen to settle after serving their country.
- Introducing a NEW eLearning opportunity with the Workforce Training & Education Coordinting Board - Washington's workforce system brings together a lot of resources. The system can be tough to navigate. This course will help you identify how you fit within the system and how to connect customers to key workforce services, whether your customers are jobseekers, career builders, or businesses. To participate in this course, go to the LMS and search for Washington State Workforce System
- Washington Workforce Conference - The conference, dubbed “Powerful Partnerships: Building the Talent Pipeline,” runs Nov. 6-7 in Sea-Tac. Get more information here.
- Register Today for Fall WA-ACTE Conference - The Washington Association for Career and Technical Education is holding its fall conference Nov. 7-8 at Great Wolf Lodge in Grand Mound. The conference will focus on a pathways approach to embedding academic standards in CTE classes through teaching practices, tools, and curriculum. Get more details and register here.
- Pave the Way Conference - The Washington Student Achievement Council is holding its annual Pave the Way conference on Nov. 29, at the University of Washington in Seattle. The conference focuses on strategies that advance equity, increase college readiness, and broaden access to higher education in Washington.
- Pacific Northwest Apprenticeship Conference - The Construction Center of Excellence at Renton Technical College is hosting the 2018 Pacific Northwest Apprenticeship Conference Dec. 4-5 at the Greater Tacoma Convention Center. Come and share your best practices, initiatives, and innovative strategies to support expanding Registered Apprenticeships across the state, and across industries. Get registration and conference details here. Now accepting nominations for Excellence in Apprenticeship Awards.